This year, the definition of Corona changed from that cool beer to a deadly virus that hit the world. Here’s everything you should know about corona including causes and prevention tips.
What is Coronavirus?
Corona is a virus known to have originated from bats and is highly contagious in humans. Though found in animals, this virus can rarely transmit from animals to humans but travels very fast between humans. This virus causes respiratory disease (similar to pneumonia) but with a higher mortality rate than the common ones. The new deadly virus that brought a pandemic outbreak of respiratory infection starting from China is known as COVID-19. It’s spreading quite fast and a corona vaccine isn’t available yet though medical professionals are researching for a solution across the world.
Everything you Should Know About Corona – Causes
Next on the list of everything you should know about the corona is what causes it and how it spreads. As stated earlier, reports say that the virus has its origins in bats with China reporting the first case. From there, the virus transmitted to other parts of the world causing a pandemic situation. It travels through respiratory droplets that person releases when coughing or sneezing. Another reason known for its transmission is through a surface that comes in contact with an infected person. The virus transmits to everyone touching the surface after it gets infected and travels inside the body through mouth, nostril or eyes.
That is why health experts recommend not to touch eyes, mouth, and nostrils without washing hands. Sanitizing yourself after returning home helps kill the virus particles without infecting your lungs.
Everything you Should Know About Corona – Symptoms
The virus is known to cause pneumonia-like symptoms. Those who have fallen ill suffer from coughs, fever, and respiratory difficulties. On top of it, the antiviral capsules we have against flu also don’t work in this case. And, there’s currently no corona vaccine developed in the world. Though researchers and virologists are working on tests and researches for a solution. However, if you have a good immune system, you can develop a strong resistance to the virus infection and avoid falling ill. But still, you must stay indoors as you might transmit virus particles from one person to another without falling ill.
Currently, there is no vaccine available to save you from the infection, you can take certain steps for fighting corona. WHO and CDC advise following these precautions for keeping off COVID-19:
- Avoid large events and mass gatherings.
- Avoid close contact (about 6 feet) with all who are sick or have symptoms.
- Maintain a healthy distance from others if COVID-19 is spreading in your locality or community. Health professionals highly recommend this if you have a higher danger of catching an illness.
- Wash your hands frequently with cleaning soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Or, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains a minimum of 60% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose along with your elbow or a tissue whilst you cough or sneeze. Throw away the used tissue.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth in case your hands are not clean.
- Avoid sharing dishes, glasses, bedding and other household gadgets if you’re unwell.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you regularly contact.
- Stay clear of work, college, and public regions if you’re unwell unless you’re going to get clinical care. Avoid taking public transportation if you’re unwell.
This list of everything you should know about corona covers the definition, causes, symptoms, and corona prevention tips. Do share the same with others to make sure that people understand and avoid falling ill. Also, let us know if you are looking for any specific information about health, corona, or any other related topic. You can also share your inputs in the comment section.
Stay healthy, Stay safe, and stay home.