Weddings are the most important part of everyone’s life. Relatives and friends give gifts to the newly-wed couple to show their love and affection for them. Weddings are considered as the new phase of life and people give gifts to bless the couple and make their day a memorable one. Giving gifts has become a tradition in our society. It is a way of expressing your happiness and affection for them.
The history of giving wedding gifts
The idea of gifts transformed from the idea of dowry which was given by the bride’s family. In old times, dowry included land, animals, money, and other expensive items. The groom’s family, in return, provided a house to live in. A gift was also given to the priest who used to perform the wedding ceremony. After some time, large wooden chests came into being. These chests were made in pairs and it usually contained the bride’s dowry. During the late 1850s, the American brides were gifted a leather key basket that described her role as a mistress of the house. The basket consisted of keys to unlock doors, chests, and cupboards of the house.
The tradition of guests and family giving gifts started in 1890. Every gift given to the couple had a different meaning. For example, gifting knives was considered as a poor gift as it described a poor relationship. With time, the gifts transformed with items like crystal, silver, etc. coming in.
In today’s world, there are many gifts available for the people. Sometimes, they simply give cash and skip giving gifts.
Wedding gifts for parents
It is very important to give gifts to the parents as it describes the love and respect for them. Parents pay for a lifetime for their children and therefore, it becomes very important to thank them in a good way. The gifts should be given to parents on both sides. They should be something simple and personal.
Some ideas for wedding gifts
1. Neon love light
- Description: This neon light is a perfect gift for newly-wed couples. It is a very good gift for decorating bedrooms. It has warm and soothing effect on the environment and will create an awesome look. This product uses a battery to function. It is a perfect gift for your loved ones.
- Price: Rs. 999
- Weight: 300 grams
- Dimensions: 35cm X 15cm X 4cm
2. Waterfall incense burner with incense cones
- Description: This is a very unique choice for gifting. It helps in warming up any room. And, it also helps in providing peace to the environment. It comes with a set of 40 back-flow incense cones that helps in creating a perfect smoky background.
- Price: Rs. 1,599
- Weight: 500g
- Size: 12.5 X 8.5cm
3. Heart shaped glass
- Description: A transparent heart-shaped glass is a perfect gift for gifting at a wedding. It is a double-layered glass which helps in providing insulation.
- Price: Rs. 599
- Capacity: 240 ml
Gift your loved ones joy and happiness.